AHEAD is a UK-based registered charity which initiates and supports projects aimed at combating poverty and inequalities in health, education and development (income-generation) in Ethiopia. AHEAD is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee No. 5320294 and Registered Charity number 1109270.
The Charity has been piloting AIDS/HIV awareness training, self-help clubs, interest-free loans for poor families, distribution of educational materials, capacity-building for local organisations and setting up a hostel for girls in a remote area in southern Ethiopia.
AHEAD appeals to sponsors for sustained financial support to roll out its health, education and development projects to reach out to more disadvantaged people. The Charity needs funds for the following projects:
– Training and equipment costs for 20 traditional birth attendants= £1,200
– Training and self-help clubs for 40 HIV/AIDs sufferers and their families= £1,600
– Building a common room for girls’ hostel= £2,500
– Providing revolving loans to 60 poor families= £3,000
– Contributions to build 6 primary school classrooms= £3,100
– Capacity-building for a local partner charity (equipment and running costs)= £2,800
– Building phase 1 of Shakiso Community College= £28,600. Shakiso town administration has donated 120,000 sq m of land (worth £15,000) free of charge to AHEAD/UDA to build the planned college. AHEAD in collaboration with Unity Development Association (UDA), a local partner non-governmental, intends to build a community college in the remote town of Shakiso to deliver integrated vocational training programmes targeted at socially excluded groups such as poor women, girls, unemployed youth and adults.
Total funds sought = £ 42,800
Supporters can assist the Charity by giving money, goods (school and medical equipment), ideas, time or labour. The more you give the more projects and people we can support and the more satisfaction you and the beneficiaries get out of our charitable work. Thank you for your kind support, in anticipation.