Shakiso town administration gave Ahead 120,000 sq m to build a community college. The administration promised that any size of land can be given to Ahead if the organisation needs it to fulfill its charitable objectives. Ahead is keen to set up a college which focuses on vocational skills that are relevant to local needs. The charity has been urged by the local people to set such a college since Ahead was formed.
Ahead’s Community College (ACC) will:
- Deliver high quality, flexible & responsive learning opportunities for:
– Health practitioners, teachers, adults, apprenticees, entrepreneurs etc
- Improve vocational and technical skills
- Deploy new technologies to widen access
- Link with national & international agencies
- Promote local innovation and self-reliance
Ahead appeals to individuals and organisations for financial, material and technical support to help it build the community college.